Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Work

Well, I got a job as a charmer...

...don't worry, it's retail.
The store is called Charming Charlie, and it's huge. We all started work last Wednesday, and met in the empty store. There were a few construction guys putting up the last of the chandeliers, but other than that, we faced shelves and tables in the vast room.
The first day, a team from corporate went over several slide shows with us. We stood, or sat on the tile floor. We learned about policies, and the handbook, and what we'd be required to do. We also learned that there really is a Charlie, who started the company. He's very young, and his last name is hard to pronounce.
The first week was a lot of hard work. We had to put up merchandise, and to completely fill an empty store takes a while!

It was a little hard because I worked every day, and Tim and I kept missing each other. I'd wake up and leave before he woke up, and then I'd come home to an empty house, and he'd come back from work after I fell asleep.

Today was our first day open, and I am only part time, so things should slow down after this! I am happy, though, for something productive to do with my time. And I'm happy that I still have free days in the week to work on my painting and to catch up on housework!

1 comment:

Steve said...

I don't want you working there if he's creepy and his last name is ChockolateFactory