Sunday, March 6, 2011

AAAAH!

1. Fiancé and best man pick up an application for Marriage.

2. I applied for a marriage certificate.

3. It came in the mail.

4. I got a new social security card in the mail after driving across town to the wrong office, then waiting in a 45 minute line.

5. I had to get a new driver's license that I knew wouldn't last. Turned out, to change your name they can't use your Social Security Card. It HAS to be a marriage license. (Two trips to the DMV.)

6. It expired two months later. After unexplained closings and mechanical failures of the DMV, I finally got another one... which then never arrived in the mail.

7. I got another one.

8. Then I got a military ID. AFTER the machine was fixed, and only once my husband came back to Kansas.

9.I tried to apply for a passport, but needed my marriage license... which was lost. They found the marriage license back home, it came in the mail, and I applied for a passport.

10.A letter from the department of state is hinting that Tim and I may have to re-apply for different forms of a Birth Certificates!


2 comments:

Alice said...

The joys of red tape.

DP said...

Isn't government great? If only John Stossel could get his hands on this...