Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Champagne makes me all giggly!" ~Monkey Island

"And then I'd throw my sham-pog-nay in his face!" ~Sarah

This Valentine's day, as sort of an extra, spur of the moment gift, Tim brought home a bottle of Champagne. I was only half awake at the time, so I was able to enjoy the surprise all over again in the morning.

I was excited, not because I like champagne (never had it) or any alcohol for that matter. I was excited because I have always wanted to pop the cork off one. Tonight I got my chance! Most of the contents spilled out onto the sidewalk because it was warm and shaken.

Later, the dog had to go out, but on the way in, before I could stop her, she lapped up a few sips from the puddle. She ran back inside, and I told Tim what happened. Right on cue, she started a sneezing fit. Before each sneeze, she would squint her right eye and screw up her face till it resembled Popeye's.

"and I have to take you in for a check up tomorrow... what will they think of me?"

2 comments:

DP said...

It wouldn't take much for your dog to squint her face up! She already has more wrinkles than a 90-year-old.

Joel said...

Snowy! What have you done?