Thursday, August 26, 2010

Memories

I Interviewed at Park Elementary today...
I didn't get to talk with the principal because she was busy addressing a behavior problem with a victim and his parent in her office.

The secretaries were kind, and excited that I told them I had attended Park for a year. They informed me that my kindergarten teacher was still there, teaching first grade.

As the door to the principal's office swung open, I could catch part of the conversation. "Who bit you? Was it Joseph with white skin and blonde hair, or was it YOseph?"

It must've been the later because a chubby Mexican boy walked in to sulk in the corner. I glanced at the kid and gave him the smallest of sympathetic smiles because it was all too familiar of a situation...

"Who bit you? Was it Grace with white skin and curly hair, or was it Graciella?"
...only in my case, it was the former

No comments: