Saturday, September 6, 2008

Quotes from this Evening

Playing King Of The Hill on a stump:

"Watch out for Dale, she has weapons we know not of!"
"Yeah, these hips don't lie"

Me: "Benji! Don't trample my pumpkin!"
Benji: "What pumpkin?"
Me: "That pumpkin!"
Benji: "Okay, pumpkin!"
(it was then that I realized he didn't say "What pumpkin?" but rather, "What, Pumpkin?"

Tim: "Benji, you left a shoe print on my stomach!"

Benji: "The patent office never goes for my ideas because they usually require undiscovered alloys or magic."

Jeremy: "I'm trying to see myself so I can draw an accurate picture."
Benji: "Just look at me, Jeremy."

Benji: "I'm losing money on you!"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Benji: "We've got a pool going on to see how long Tim will last before you kill him."
Me: "What?! You and Jeremy, right?"
Benji: "My date has already gone by, and Jeremy's still in, but Levi's time is almost up, and Sam, well, Sam Rembolt has a while go go, but the other Sam..."

(This one wasn't from tonight but I've been thinking about it lately.)
Amber: "Nothing beats a good camp boy... except Naomi."

Tim: "Uh-oh, Joel... Jeremy's pulling the "yawn move" on you."
(Joel then shoots a nervous glance at Jeremy while he flexes his muscles and tries to sneak an arm around him.)

Aunt Carrol: "I used to wrap my boys' presents right in front of them. I didn't have to be very sneaky about it; they didn't pay much attention until it started to look like a present. I'd put the bow on top and they'd get all excited. 'Is that a present?! Who's it for?!' and I wouldn't tell them, but then they'd stop paying attention by the time I got another gift on the table, and then 0nce I put the bow on the top, they'd realize what it was again. You'd think by the third time they'd start to understand that I'm wrapping presents, but they never caught on..."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You keep on writing too! These quotes must be saved for posterity!

DP said...

"Watch out for Dale, she has weapons we know not of!"
"Yeah, these hips don't lie"

Hey! It was YOU they were talking about! I was innocently taking pictures!