Thursday, November 13, 2008

"I don't know if it was a miracle or not, but donuts happened."

More old stuff...
Enjoy!

Well, we did the See you at the Pole thing this morning.
I thought really only joel and I showed up, but there were people around. I told them what we were doing and that we would start soon, but they didnt' do anything, so I just started praying with Joel. I think we should've had a few more people, but they didn't know it started, because no one was really the leader
it was awkward
and our church bought 3 dozen doughnuts, but by then I didn't feel like eating one
so we put them in the teachers' lounge with a little note saying what they were for, and why we had extra
anyway, so later in the day, I was in Prime Time (study hall) in Mr. Warsnak's room, and he said he had a story to tell us
it went something like this:

"Well, I always say my prayers before I go to bed, and one of the prayers I usually pray is that I can use the gifts God has given to me to my full extent. You know, I'm thinking about my family and how I can be a good dad and all, but always in the back of my mind... is donuts. I always pray for donuts. So today, I just got to school, when I realized I forgot to sign
my class up for the library, I went in to see if it was filled, and Ms. Props already signed her class up, so I turned around to leave, and directly across the hall, I could see a little bit of the teachers lounge through it's hallway, and what did I see, but two boxes of donuts! I always think God has more important things to do than me, but..
I don't know if this was a miracle or not, but donuts happened"


Today in physics, this girl was telling us about another girl in this other class she's in and how much of a blonde she is. I never thought someone could be so stupid, till I heard these stories.
She asked us if the backside of a map has a picture of the other side of the world on it.

She said "Do you ever shop at are you twenty one?" and I was like, "Uh... no..." and she kept talking about it and then I said, "Oh, don't you mean Rue 21?" and she was like, "Yeah, 'cause I'm not 21, and they let me in there, and I buy clothes, and they fit me..."

And then this one time she was like, "Why don't we just send a bunch of Doctors over to Africa to get rid of Aids?"
At this point, a guy walking down the hallway pokes his head into our physics class and said:
She thought pork was an animal.
and he left, just like that.

"...You see, this equation would be incorrect, and the reason it wouldn't be correct, you see, is because you can't get any correct answers out of it..."
~Mr. Shire

1 comment:

Alex said...

Grace, I've never met you, but Paul referred me to you blog. This post is awesome! Hopefully when you come up next week I'll get to meet you.