Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Work

My experience in retail is coming to a close. (I have two shifts left!) One thing I've been thinking about lately is how many crazy things I hear from customers, and that I don't have that luxury. I am always watching what I say.

Little Girl: "Are you pregnant?"
Me: "Yep!"
Little Girl: "With what?"
What I wanted to say: "an alien."
What I said: "A little boy!"

Me: "And can I just get your name with that?"
Lady: "Penny *****"
What I wanted to say: "That's my dogs name!"
What I said: "I really like that name a lot!"

Me: "We're out of the smaller bags, so you're gonna have to get this big one."
Lady: "That's okay! These bags are so cute!"
What I wanted to say: "Yeah! they've worked as excellent barf bags throughout this pregnancy!"
What I said: "Yeah! I re-use mine all the time!"

No comments: