Monday, April 27, 2009

Adventures with Grace

On the way to school this morning, I brought my camera along. In February, there were some beautiful picture opportunities that I missed because I lacked a camera. I took this picture even though there weren't many good photo opportunities... yet!Almost to El Dorado, and this is what I saw! I had underestimated the storm's impact on this route. I took a picture to document my predicament for my History teacher, whose class started in 25 minutes.
I tried to take another road. After driving 20 mph in sticky mud that splattered my storm-cleaned car, I realized that I would A. get stuck B. break down C. come across more water, D. take way too long to get to class, E. get lost, or F. all of the above. So I turned around.
Here's a bridge I crossed.

Finally I got going again... still in the wrong direction.
After the third "High water" sign (ironically enough there wasn't one for the original road I took) I decided to take my chances and travel on it anyway.
And it worked! The water had gone down, and I made it to class after an hour and a half on the road! Because I left early, I was only 35 minutes late to my 55 minute class.

1 comment:

DP said...

Seriously, Mango. I mean Grace. You are re-living my life. First it was the 144444 odometer, now it's this blog post. See here.