Monday, December 8, 2008

Facebook Drama

On Sunday after church, Tim and I went to the Belsan's house. There was a baby shower going on upstairs, so Tim, Jon, and I were planning on hiding out in the basement. Tim fell asleep, and I figured Jon would too, so I left Tim on the long couch and curled up in a chair. I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to claim me.

The party upstairs was kind of loud. "I didn't realize you were here! I saw your car outside..."
"Yeah, well I had to use the bathroom, and then I was trying to send a text on my cell phone. I can never figure these things out!" (It was followed by abnormally loud, forced laughter.)
I snickered and realized that I wasn't the only one laughing. With my eyes still closed, I talked to Jon (who was awake behind me on the other side of the room) about the Laws of Parties and how when lots of women get together they have to be nice because it's the right thing to do, and they have to smile lots because it's the right thing to do, and they have to laugh loud at every little thing because it makes a more pleasant atmosphere ...and it's the right thing to do.
Jon got out his laptop, so I gave up trying to sleep and sat by him to do some Facebook stalking.

Everyone always talks about how dumb Facebook is because it's all full of drama and people's lives for everyone to see, yet everyone loves to get in on it all, even if it is all a big joke. Anyway, so we found a juicy facebook argument concerning muscles and who can beat up who. It was pretty entertaining.
Later, when Tim was awake and Sarah and Bill were home, we were all laying around upstairs looking at the baby-themed streamers and talking about Facebook. "Sarah? Let's have our OWN Facebook fight." I said. One idea led to another, and now it's totally ON for Wednesday night.

Yes, everyone, I am going to risk my Facebook reputation to create pretend drama for all to see and enjoy. If you've got Facebook, feel free to join in and leave shocked comments.

No comments: