Monday, August 11, 2008

Hopes for a Successful Party

Hey everyone! Mostly I'm just real excited about an upcoming party my friends planned. At the beginning of the summer, Sarah Duncan expressed her wishes to have a hotdog party. A party for hotdogs, about hotdogs (if anyone can tell me how to keep my computer from automatically making my first paragraph into a link, please do!)


Anyway, it's going to be great fun, and Jon and Tim will both see how many hotdogs they can consume. I'd like to make Sarah's hair into a hotdog, and we'll all pitch in to finance it. (I am planning on bringing hotdogs with cheese in them!) She wanted it to still be summer, but probably before school starts.

Plans for the party changed slightly after a visit to Hope International Fellowship by a guy by the name of Dennis Hedke. He is running for state BOE in district 8. He is a scientist and a Christian. He talked about the importance the schools have in the next generation's world view. It was all great stuff, but of course, some jokes were made during fellowship time. Sarah and Bill suggested we make shirts for him, and I said "Vote for Dennis!" in my most Summer Wheatley-ish voice. To my embarrassment, Dennis walked up to our small group at that moment to say hi. ...oops Anyway, after he left, we decided that "Vote for Dennis" T-shirts would be awesome, and that we should make some.

It'd be the perfect activity for our hotdog party. Everyone will bring their own t-shirts, and I will provide paint and iron-on's. Later, hopefully, we will model our new shirts at Riverside park during our weekly Bible study.

In case you were wondering... I DID make a design for the shirts!

No comments: